We’re on our way back, together!
19th May 2020
The latest Government Guidelines are a step in the direction we have all been hoping for. Dates have been announced and restrictions have been put in place. At Columbia Restaurants we strive to continue prioritising the health and safety of our customers and staff and are taking all necessary steps to ensure this happens, as we gradually return to serving you the very best we can offer.
Our first operational moves concern new take away and delivery services for some of our restaurants. As of Saturday 9th May PizzaExpress Limassol has been accepting orders for take-away and delivery via the Bolt Food app. You can find out details here. Marzano Nicosia followed on Monday 11th May, also offering take away and delivery service via Foody. For details click here.
Our Columbia Confectionery stores, Pokleoha and La Boca restaurants are also offering take away & delivery as of Tuesday 12th May.
To maintain our common efforts to stop the spread of the novel coronavirus, we are adding some precautionary measures to our operations. As everyone, including you, did their part so diligently, we feel it is the responsible thing to do. Government and health services are still preserving certain restrictions for everyone’s safety, and we will be following all necessary guidelines, as well as adding some of our own.
Please read the following measures concerning our delivery and take away services:
- Our drivers respect self-hygiene and physical distancing at all times. This means that masks and gloves are worn at all times.
- During delivery, a 2-meter distance is required at all times. We encourage card payment upon placing your order and if necessary, cash payment will be handled through the use of an envelope. This is to ensure that the 2-meter minimum distance between individuals, is being respected.
- After every delivery, all drivers dispose of their mask and gloves in an environmentally safe manner, and sanitize their hands and delivery pouch.
- Our in-store staff members also follow all necessary self-hygiene procedures and physical distancing at all times.
- Surfaces are frequently sanitized and masks and gloves are replaced as often as possible.
- Hand sanitizer is placed at the entrances of all restaurants. Both our staff and customers are requested to apply a good amount upon entering and exiting the premises.
- All of our venues are very well-ventilated at regular intervals
How are we doing our part to stay safe?
- All restaurants have undergone a strict disinfection process by a qualified and approved company before opening.
- The restaurants are cleaned daily following the HACCP daily cleaning practices with emphasis on the following:
- Daily cleaning and disinfection of frequently used surfaces (high touch surfaces as per social distancing guidelines) such as handles, knobs, desks and all furniture
- Daily cleaning and disinfection of toilets and all sanitary-ware surfaces
- Urging staff and customers to close the toilet lid before flushing and washing hands before and after use.
- Avoiding congestion in the closed sanitary areas
- Daily cleaning of floors with effective cleaning solutions (preferably diluted chlorine solution 1/99)
- Prevention of multiple entry at the same time within our premises. Permission of 1 person per 2 square meters, in order to avoid congestion, as practically feasible and possible. In small restaurants, only one customer will enter at a time and all customers apply hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting with products that offer an alcohol content of >60%. Once hands have been sanitized customers are urged to wear a disposable mask.
- Keeping the 2-meter physical distance restriction as much as possible
- Equipping employees at all restaurants with the correct masks and gloves.
- Leaving the take away products on the counter when possible, while cashiers observe a 2 metre protective distance from customers. Protective glass has been installed wherever possible at the cashier points.
- Urging customers to use cards or payment apps for payments in order to avoid use of cash.
- Monitoring delivery personnel so as to make sure they follow all rules or personal hygiene, avoids interaction with the customer and wears all necessary protective gear.
- Mandatory testing of staff before they return to work
As from Thursday 21st May 2020, we will have some exciting news... so keep checking in.
We are excited to return once again to doing what we love most of all. Serving you the best of everything we have to offer.