JOB DESCRIPTION FOR:
Chef De Cuisine/ Chef De Partie/ Demi Chef De Partis
The main purpose of this role is to oversee, plan, and be responsible for all sushi served within the restaurant, ensuring that the kitchen is running consistently and efficiently at all times.
SCOPE OF JOB
Reporting to the Restaurant Manager the jobholder is responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the kitchen operation, to ensure that all customers receive the highest possible quality of food, on time and to the company specification.
The jobholder plays an integral part in ensuring that all food prepared and served adheres to food handling guidelines in addition to the hygiene regulations.
As the most senior person running the kitchen operation the jobholder will be responsible for working within the food budget, ensuring that wastage is kept to a minimum through monitoring stock levels and effective rotation.
- Set up kitchen ready for service
- Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities
- Ensure highest standards in line with Columbia guidelines
- Adhere to all Food Safety, Hygiene and Health & Safety requirements
- Ensure correct stock levels are maintained, rotated and stored correctly, adhering to FIFO
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent food handling skills
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Good knowledge of hygiene, health & safety and licensing regulations
- Good communication skills
- Team Player
- Self motivated
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to Detail
Level of Experience
- Previous food handling experience
- Basic Food Safety certificate