JOB DESCRIPTION FOR:
Reporting to: Restaurant Manager/Manager on Duty
The main purpose of this role is to assist the Restaurant Manager in ensuring that the highest possible standards of service are achieved whilst maintaining a harmonious atmosphere between the team and the restaurant overall.
SCOPE OF JOB
The jobholder is expected to run shifts for the restaurant managers on duty including the supervision of the team, cashing up, and stock control.
The jobholder has to have the ability to effectively communicate with customers, and all the team ensuring the smooth running of the whole operation. They will be required on occasion to liaise with suppliers or members of Restaurant Support.
They must have the ability to gain respect from the team in order to exercise authority where necessary, as well as being a team player, in order to fully contribute to the overall positive working atmosphere, and restaurant ambience.
- Ensure all shift set up procedures are followed within both kitchen and restaurant areas
- Delegate duties to team members on shift and follow up to ensure they are completed
- Ensure customers receive high standards of customer service and food quality
- Assist in restaurant or kitchen when required
- Monitor and actively encourage teamwork ensuring company standards are met
- Provide administrative support to Restaurant Manager
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Basic numeracy skills
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Effective coaching and delegation skills
- Good product knowledge
- Good knowledge of health & safety, hygiene and licensing regulations
- Team Player
- Self motivated
Level of Experience
- Ideally previous supervision experience
- Previous waiting experience
- 24 days paid annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Free meal while on duty
- Up to 25% discount on company brands (Pizza Express, Marzano, Columbia Beach, La Boca, Columbia Steak House, Avli Tou Vasilea, Londa Hotel, Columbia Resorts, House & Garden)
- Training and development opportunities
- Career advancement opportunities