SCOPE OF JOB
As a Host/Hostess, you will greet guests as they enter and show them to their table or waiting area. You will also engage with guests to ensure their meal is as good as it should be. To do well in this role you should be comfortable standing for long periods and managing a very busy shift.
- Greeting guests as they enter, and putting them on a waiting list as necessary.
- Must follow all Protocols for covid-19 and Government directives at all times.
- Have to adhere to Covid-19 Tool Box.
- Ensure customer & staff safety with covid-19 related, including restaurant environment
- Providing guests with menus and answering any initial questions.
- Seating guests at tables or in waiting areas.
- Assigning guests to tables they prefer, while keeping table rotation in mind so that servers the right number of customers.
- Engaging with guests to ensure they're happy with food and service.
- Responding to complaints and helping to resolve them.
- Answering phone calls, taking reservations and answering questions.
- Knowledge of the menu.
- Helping out with other positions in the restaurant as needed.
- Providing great customer service & Thanking Customers on the way out.
- Give feedback to MGT both negative and positive so that we can improve.
- 24 days paid annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Free meal while on duty
- Up to 25% discount on company brands (Pizza Express, Marzano, Columbia Beach, La Boca, Columbia Steak House, Avli Tou Vasilea, Pokeloha, Columbia Confectionery, Columbia Beach Resort, House & Garden)
- Training and development opportunities
- Career advancement opportunities
Level of Experience
- Experience working as a Host/Hostess or Receptionist
- High school diploma; hospitality certification is a plus
- Fluent in Greek and English is a must
- Excellent phone and restaurant etiquette
- Ability to provide top-notch customer service in a fast-paced environment
- A positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure with all restaurant staff
- Doing a high-quality work while unsupervised
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Able to safely lift and easily manoeuver trays of food when necessary
- Willing to follow instructions and ask questions for clarification if needed
- Able to handle money accurately and operate a point-of-sale system
- Able to work in a busy restaurant environment
- Warm, engaging and professional
- Confident and well presented
- Work under pressure and able to multitask
- Attention to detail