Reporting to: Restaurant Manager/Manager on Duty
The main purpose of this role is to assist the Restaurant Manager, ensuring that the highest possible standards of service are achieved and overseeing the workflow at our facilities. A supervisor is also responsible for coaching, resolving issues and serving as a link between subordinates and upper management.
SCOPE OF JOB
The jobholder is expected to run shifts for the restaurant managers on duty including the supervision of the team and stock control.
The jobholder has to have the ability to effectively communicate with customers and all the team ensuring the smooth running of the whole operation. They will be required on occasion to liaise with suppliers or members of Restaurant Support.
They must have the ability to gain respect from the team in order to exercise authority where necessary, as well as being a team player, in order to fully contribute to the overall positive working environment and restaurant atmosphere.
- Completes operations by ensuring all schedules are followed; assigning and monitoring work; gathering resources; implementing productivity standards; resolving operations problems; maintaining reference manuals; implementing new procedures
- Delegating duties to team members on shift and following up to ensure they are completed
- Provides quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards
- Monitoring and actively encouraging teamwork ensuring company standards are met
- Providing administrative support to Restaurant Manager
- Passing on information from upper management to employees and vice versa
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Basic numeracy skills
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Effective coaching and delegation skills
- Good product knowledge
- Good knowledge of health & safety, hygiene and licensing regulations
- Team Player
Level of Experience
- Ideally previous supervision experience
- 24 days paid annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Free meal while on duty
- Up to 25% discount on company brands (Pizza Express, Marzano, Columbia Beach, La Boca, Columbia Steak House, Avli Tou Vasilea, Pokeloha, Columbia Confectionery, Londa Hotel, Columbia Beach Resort, House & Garden)
- Training and development opportunities
- Career advancement opportunities