Reporting to: Executive Chef and in Line with the Sous chef and Chef de Partie
SCOPE OF JOB
Responsible for preparing dishes excellent standard and quality for our guests. Maintaining high standards of quality and developing a gastronomic team evolving with trends and fashion. The jobholder will be responsible for the proper efficiency and profitable functioning of assigned station. Also, responsible for prepping and cooking meals, checking ingredients for freshness, and arranging and garnishing the dishes. You will also be in charge of ensuring that the kitchen and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up workstations and prepare ingredients to use in cooking
- Check all food before leaving the station and ensure that food is of excellent standard and taste.
- Ensure that all food items are ready for service with the standards preparation time.
- Thorough knowledge of restaurant menu and recipes
- Implement company policy and procedures and health and safety codes.
- Implement HACCP policies, procedures and standards of practice, as per the HACCP manual.
- Control costs and keep himself informed regularly about stock levels and stock movements
- Basic Food Safety certificate
Level of Experience
- Previous food handling experience
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent food handling skills
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods
- Good planning, organizational and communication skills
- Good knowledge of hygiene, health & safety and licensing regulations
- Team Player
- Ability to work under pressure
- 24 days paid annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Free meal while on duty
- Up to 25% discount on company brands (Pizza Express, Marzano, Columbia Beach, La Boca, Columbia Steak House, Avli Tou Vasilea, Londa Hotel, Columbia Resorts, House & Garden)
- Training and development opportunities
- Career advancement opportunities