We are looking for an experienced Cook A at our Greek restaurant, Avli Tou Vasilea.
SCOPE OF JOB
The Cook A is responsible for the proper efficiency and profitable functioning of your station, which has been assigned to you. Maintains high standards of quality. The ideal candidate will have experience in working in a busy kitchen, with an expertise and strong knowledge of Greek cuisine.
- Working closely with the Chef de Partie, Sous chef and the Head Chef to follow up assigned procedures.
- Cooking dishes according to Company guidelines and standards
- Thorough knowledge of restaurant menu and recipes
- Setting up workstations and prepare ingredients to use in cooking
- Checking all food before leaving the station and ensure that food is of excellent standard and taste.
- Coordinating and ensure that dishes are ready for service timely
- Controlling costs and keep himself informed regularly about stock levels and stock movements
- Implementing company policy and procedures and health and safety codes.
- Implementing food safety policies, procedures and standards of practice, as per the HACCP manual.
- 24 days paid annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Free meal while on duty
- Up to 25% discount on company brands (Pizza Express, Marzano, Columbia Beach, La Boca, Columbia Steak House, Avli Tou Vasilea, Pokeloha, Columbia Confectionery, Columbia Beach Resort, House & Garden)
- Training and development opportunities
- Career advancement opportunities
Level of Experience
- Previous experience as Cook A in a full-service restaurant
- Specializing in Greek cuisine
- Associate Degree in Culinary Arts required
Skills & Knowledge
- Fluent in Greek and English language
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Leadership skills
- Excellent time management abilities
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- Good planning, organizational and communication skills
- Good knowledge of hygiene, health & safety and licensing regulations
- Promoting team spirit
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to work under pressure