SCOPE OF JOB
The Cook is responsible for preparing dishes excellent standard and quality for our guests, developing a gastronomic team evolving with trends and fashion. The jobholder will be responsible for the proper efficiency and profitable functioning of assigned station.
Also, the jobholder is responsible for preparing and cooking meals, checking ingredients for freshness, arranging and garnishing the dishes. The Cook will also be in charge of ensuring that the kitchen and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up workstations and prepare ingredients to use in cooking
- Check all food before leaving the station and ensure that food is of excellent standard and taste.
- Ensure that all food items are ready for service with the standards preparation time.
- Thorough knowledge of restaurant menu and recipes
- Implement company policy and procedures and health and safety codes.
- Implement HACCP policies, procedures and standards of practice, as per the HACCP manual.
- Control costs and keep himself informed regularly about stock levels and stock movements
- Presenting menu and providing detailed information when asked
- Assessing and accommodating customers’ needs and preferences by make recommendations
Level of Experience
- Previous experience in Sushi station and Asian cuisine
- Previous food handling experience
- Basic Food Safety certificate
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent food handling skills
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods
- Good planning, organizational and communication skills
- Good knowledge of hygiene, health & safety and licensing regulations
- Team spirit
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- 24 days paid annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Free meal while on duty
- Up to 25% discount on company brands (Pizza Express, Marzano, Columbia Beach, La Boca, Columbia Steak House, Avli Tou Vasilea, Londa Hotel, Columbia Resorts, House & Garden)
- Training and development opportunities
- Career advancement opportunities