Assistant Restaurant Manager
The main purpose of this role is to support the Restaurant Manager at managing all aspects of the restaurant. Will be directly responsible for the smooth running of the restaurant’s operation, as well as ensure that customer expectations are fulfilled.
Must be an excellent communicator and have the ability to effectively manage, lead, inspire and develop the team to achieve the highest possible standards and results.
- Ensure the smooth operation of the business.
- Manage and oversee the food quality from the kitchen to ensure standards are met.
- Ensure all company procedures are adhered to with regards to health & safety, hygiene, licensing.
- Ensure all security procedures are adhered to within the area of cash handling, stock control and the premises.
- Lead, manage, develop and motivate the team to achieve the highest possible standards.
- Build a rapport with customers whilst on duty to obtain feedback on the restaurant performance.
- Maximise restaurant sales and control labour, food, and other variable costs.
- Prepare monthly projections and produce weekly/monthly accounts and reports.
- 24 days paid annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Free meal while on duty
- Up to 25% discount on company brands (Pizza Express, Marzano, Columbia Beach, La Boca, Columbia Steak House, Avli Tou Vasilea, Londa Hotel, Columbia Resorts, House & Garden)
- Training and development opportunities
- Career advancement opportunities
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent Customer Skills
- Commercially astute
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Effective coaching and delegation skills
- Good knowledge of health & safety, hygiene and licensing regulations
- Team Player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
Level of Experience
- Previous management experience, ideally in the hospitality sector